jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should the U.S. fork over hundreds of billions of dollars to poor countries so t

1. Bieberella profile image55
    Bieberellaposted 8 years ago

Should the U.S. fork over hundreds of billions of dollars to poor countries so they can go green?

Secretary of State announced Thursday at the Copenhagen Climate Summit that U.S. would give this money to help low-income people cope with climate change.

2. lmmartin profile image88
    lmmartinposted 8 years ago

I don't think the U.S. has hundreds of billions of dollars to fork over to anyone. I'm currently researching for a hub on the history of the U.S. National Debt -- I'd suggest they keep their fists in their pockets.

3. wesleyacarter profile image50
    wesleyacarterposted 8 years ago

I think that the funding of poor countries to go green is a noble effort, but again, this is the plight of America. Why are we policing and supporting the rest of the world when our borders are becoming more volatile, our health care is failing miserably in the eyes of the patients, people are still wandering the streets hungry and homeless. Why are we so willing to give hand outs to other countries when our own is in such disarray?

And we're BROKE!!!

4. joer4x4 profile image76
    joer4x4posted 8 years ago

Over 200 years ago our forefathers shed blood for their liberty. Since then America has worked hard for what America has. Perhaps the the poor countries should take the hint and be responsible for themselves.

When your given something you want more. When you earn it you take pride and work to keep it. You have self esteem and want to do more. America has been giving away money for years and nothing has changed.

Perhaps these poor countries should concentrate on getting rid of their rich corrupt governments and take back their countries for starters.

Handouts only keep poor people poor.

5. shazz01109 profile image78
    shazz01109posted 8 years ago

The U.S. doesn't have $10 billion dollars to give anyone.  And does anyone think that the poorer countries will use that money for climate change?  The bigger, and more immediate issue to address is poverty, not climate change.  Address poverty, and addressing climate change will follow.  These big conferences are outdated and a waste of time.  The U.S. should be concerned with focusing on cleaning up it's own environment, before being concerned about somebody else.  There are much more immediate things to worry about right now than climate change (e.g. JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

6. sir slave profile image60
    sir slaveposted 7 years ago

Mabey we counld start with pumping hundreds of billions into our own green future first.