jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If You Were The President, What Would You Do To Improve The Health Care In Ameri

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

If You Were The President, What Would You Do To Improve The Health Care In America?

2. profile image0
    daytripeerposted 8 years ago

I am not smart enough to be President, but, in this instance, I would have spent my time trying to help the approximately 48 million Americans who have no insurance and have no possibility of getting it. It is not right that people in this country die because of a lack of coverage. Also, from a cost standpoint, if we limited our efforts to these individuals I doubt the cost would be much, or any, more than is our current cost of trying to help. To me, tackling the entire problem at once was not the right way to go about it. The rest of the problems of health care could have been addressed in a slower fashion.

3. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

Health insurance providers should be non-profit.  Premiums paid for health care coverage should not be paid out to shareholders as dividends.  Premiums should pay for health care.  Republicans, some Democrates, and all insurance companys were against this option.   Politicians take money from insurance companies (Your Premiums) to run for office.  Insurance companies get what they want.  You lose.

4. JON EWALL profile image76
    JON EWALLposted 8 years ago

THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS NEEDS TO TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE COST, OF THE PROPOSED REFORM BILL, TO THE TAXPAYERS AND SENIOR CITIZENS.
    THE PRESIDENT NEEDS TO GET BOTH PARTIES INVOVLED WITH WORKING ON A BI-PARTISAN PLAN RATHER THAN A ONE WAY IS THE ONLY PLAN, HIS AND THE DEMOCRATIC PLAN.
    HE SHOULD BE UPFRONT AND TOSS THE PLAN AND START OVER. LET'S GET THE JOBS FIRST, SO THAT THE PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD HEALTHCARE.

MAYO HOSPITAL LOST $860,000 ON MEDICARE PATIENTS THAT THEY PROVIDED SERVICE TO THIS PAST YEAR.THE GOVERNMENT CUT THEIR REINBURSEMENT FOR SERVICES.

IN THE PRESENT PROPOSED BILL THE GOVERNMENT (MEDICARE )WILL BE CUTTING HEALTH PROVIDERS ANOTHER 20% ON TOP OF THE 20% THEY ARE CUTTING NOW.
    WAKE UP AMERICA,STOP THE SILENCE,CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO TELL THEM TO  REJECT THE BILL

working