Do you think race relations have improved in the US? Would Martin Luther King, J

1. DowntroddenInDC profile image84
    DowntroddenInDCposted 8 years ago

Do you think race relations have improved in the US? Would Martin Luther King, Jr. be proud?

2. commisioner profile image55
    commisionerposted 8 years ago

i think he would, but would want more growth and acceptance of all. there is one idea i had to help in all that.wouldn't it be wonderful if all Americans called themselves just that, Americans? not native Americans and Spanish Americans or African Americans. lets get rid of the prefixes and leave them for the immigrants who just got here.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

In many respects race relations have gotten better, though in some geographical areas the improvement is more pronounced than in others. I think MLK, Jr. would certainly be proud of the progress that's been made thus far, but only if it continues to progress. Racism still runs rampant in many areas and, though minorities are getting more protection from the law, there needs to be more acceptance from individuals as time goes on. Hopefully a lot of the residual racism will die out as those who were raised in a segregated society and fed racism from very young ages also die out. I'd like to think that more understanding and enlightened people are emerging from this country's less-than-savory history, though only time will tell if that is correct.

Closed to reply

working