jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the solution to Racism?

1. HubPrince profile image56
    HubPrinceposted 8 years ago

What is the solution to Racism?

2. weblog profile image56
    weblogposted 8 years ago

The solution is nothing but love in my opinion. We just need to wait for the time when people begin to realise that all the humans are equal and should be treated with love and respect.

3. fiona_33 profile image57
    fiona_33posted 8 years ago

Sadly, there will never be a solution to racism. As long as people are differnet, whether it be their relgion, their race or the color of their skin, there will be prejudice. It's a depressing part of human nature that we can't all just get along and treat each other as equals.

4. Challah1202 profile image58
    Challah1202posted 8 years ago

This is a deceptively complex question.  It sounds so simple, but our world can't seem to work it out.  Can we accept each other?  Can we ignore differences?  Can we forgive the history we share?  The previous two answers said a lot;  love each other.  Be respectful.  But there are people who refuse to play by these rules, and that puts the rest of us on the defense, and then on the offense.

I guess it is a one person, one neighborhood, one church, one town at a time project.  Maybe if we say it loud enough and long enough, we;ll convince the others until we all get the message.

I like the RAOK approach.  We do good for each other and bless each other and pray for each other and let random acts of kindness and senseless beauty infliltrate our world, or at least our little corner of it.  Hang in there.

5. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 7 years ago

I concur with weblog,

Racism, prejudice and the like have all been a lie and when we finally decide to stop living that lie race relation will improve.  You don't necessarily in my opinion have to love the other person but you do have to respect them-why because they're just like you.  No man is superior or inferior to another that is a lie that mankind as made up I guess to make them feel better about who they are.

The answer to racism has always been right in front of us, we just refused to use it.

6. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

From what I've seen & experienced, the main reason racism is as bad as it is today is too many people live amongst and associate with 'their own kind.'  They don't have friends or neighbors of other backgrounds- and prefer not to. 

An example from this area from not long ago was a girl who posted on a forum "I don't associate with White people!" 
    With that kind of POV, all of the "diversity education" in the world is useless.