jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Particularly for UK Hubbers. Woud you have preferred a Re-Election as hundreds c

1. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Particularly for UK Hubbers. Woud you have preferred a Re-Election as hundreds couldn't  vote?

.... and at the moment there is a lot of uncertainty - what with Clegg and Cameron having private talks.

2. editorsupremo profile image66
    editorsupremoposted 7 years ago

I think is was unfortunate that many of the electorate did not get a chance to vote but to have a re-election would not be the answer.  We ended up with a hung parliament and I believe they have gone in the right direction and according to protocol by forming a coalition party. I think we should wait and see what the Tory/LibDems are going to do in order to get the UK back up and running.

3. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 7 years ago

Lady E, we'll be watching very closely what happens in UK politics as we have an election looming here in Australia at end of year. I certainly hope Clegg et al can help the UK sort out some of the problems, they certainly seem confident enough - they were on our news tonight.

4. profile image0
    paulgcposted 7 years ago

I would love to see a re election because whilst listening to election talk on the tv between a member of parliament and an interviewer at the start of the election campaign, there was talk of a hung parliament way back then. My question is how can they predict a hung parliament way before the votes were counted? There is something going on here that reaks of foul play- conspiracy theory aside- i would welcome a re election but alas i dont think thats going to happen.

5. maharg1956 profile image73
    maharg1956posted 7 years ago

I hope you will take a look at my hub on the coalition topic, especially as 7 days have now passed since your hub was written. I am quite sure that a few hundred votes at a handful of polling stations would make no difference whatsoever. I am not aware of any of those being in marginal seats.

And as for those who propogate the conspiracy theories . . .PLEASE! give us all a break from that sort of nonsense.

I think it might be worth considering one contributory factor about those queues . . . . people couldn't organize themselves to get to the polling stations on time. They all knew, as do we all, that voting closes at 10pm so really, people should be bothered to turn up in time to vote.

I am sure that if about 300 people turned up at a pub 10 minutes before last orders then they wouldn't be served!

Anyway, please check out the hub: