jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why Do Thugs Like Hiding In And Around Cemeteries?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Why Do Thugs Like Hiding In And Around Cemeteries?

2. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Thugs? Why just thugs? It's sanctuary from the cops. But that are not the only kind of people who hang out there.

In Boulder CO, I was biking across the foggy morning of an old  graveyard from the frontier days when I heard an eerie weird sound like a croaking wail, ever rising in tone and loudness.

Then I saw two huge mastiff dogs running towards me just like in the movie 'The Omen' and the hounds of Hell.

I was freaking out for a moment guilty that i was using the bike path that cut across all the graves.

The sound was a guy starting up his bagpipes trying to wake the dead and an another guy was walking his dogs.

For a second I thought I was toast.

3. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

If you were a Thug... you don't want any 'body' going to town to tell the cops where you are.  In a cemetary, thugs are usually safe from any possibility of that.... becoz: every 'body' in the cemetary is actually there as a result of dying to get out of town!

(Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist that!)

4. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years ago

free room and board.

In the winter there is always a place to crawl into if your cold

5. outdoorsguy profile image57
    outdoorsguyposted 7 years ago

maybe cuase their dead tired of being harrased and just have the ghost of an idea they might be left alone.   I would guess that the body of evidence indicates isolation at a cemetery.  LOL

oh odd word to use... Thug.  Thug is descended from the word Thugee, a worshiper of Kali the goddess of Death and destruction.

6. saddlerider1 profile image69
    saddlerider1posted 7 years ago

Could be that the dead don't tell on them, so it's a resting place for sure. Cops are out chasing the living and trying to put them in a cemetery sometimes. Or maybe, thugs or anyone for that matter hopes to find sanctuary in a tomb so they can rest up their weary souls.

7. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it is fair to assume that far more people are "spooked" of cemeteries, especially at night, than are not.  Thus the cemetery becomes a place, especially at night, where one is much less likely to run into the living.  You can stay close to town and avoid sleeping in the wilderness.  WB