jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should Obama and the First Family taken their vacation in the Gulf where the oil

1. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Should Obama and the First Family taken their vacation in the Gulf where the oil slick problems...

was occurring?

2. John T. profile image58
    John T.posted 7 years ago

I don't think it is a problem if he takes a vacation. The problem is this is his third or fourth vacation since the oil spill.  The media criticized Bush to no end for his handling of Katrina, for golfing, where are they on Obama and his vacations/gofling expeditions?

3. Cumbesef profile image59
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

On the pro side, Obama taking his family vacation in the Gulf would demonstrate the appeal of the area and thus, serve as endorsement for the idea.

On the con side, with everything going on in the Gulf at this time, security for the first family might be an issue.  More than that, why would ANYONE want to take their family on a vacation to an area where they would be likely to have to engage in work?

This appears to be an opportunity for Obama to "sell" the Gulf by taking his family there.  It is also an opportunity for him to spend some quality time and relax.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

why the heck would he or even better, why should he. did bush vacation where katrina hit, did whomever was president vacation at the oklahoma blast site ?he's your president and i remember when america was famous for it patriotism but now ......

5. svencill profile image60
    svencillposted 7 years ago

No, I think he should take his vacation where ever he wants. This is America and we are all free to choose. I am from Florida and I don't blame him for not going there this time of year. The heat is horrible. I would go to Maine, too. I bet it's lovely there right now.

working