Did the fall of the American economy change this country's sense of right and wr

1. ixwa profile image83
    ixwaposted 7 years ago

Did the fall of the American economy change this country's sense of right and wrong? How and Why?

2. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 7 years ago

I wish that I could say, "yes." A few may have learned to be a bit more careful. The wealthy financiers who screwed us have not apparently learned too much, largely because they walked away and left us holding the bag. Now, the powerful banks are trying to block meaningful reform. I guess the main thing that they have learned is that it is nice to be "too big to fail."

3. JeniferD profile image60
    JeniferDposted 7 years ago

Hell YES!

Well, this economy has helped fuel a war between the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. The 'haves' being our congress and the wealthy 1% who have benefitted from the laws and bills congress have passed giving the corporate piggies carte blanche to send American jobs overseas to cheap foreign labor markets; foreign countries, like China, have a slave class that works for pennies a day making products that USED to be made in the U.S., by AMERICANS. Ever wonder how the Uber-wealthy U.S. citizens evade taxes?  They have citizenship in those same foreign countries that took American jobs! Congress shamelessly allows this, and they get hefty bribes from the folks responsible for this economic meltdown!

Right now the crime rate, largely unreported by the MSM, has sky rocketed because the 'have nots', those who have lost their jobs and homes, feel they have nothing left to lose.  So, they have regressed to the basic feral behavior of the common thug.  They still have bills to pay and families to feed, so, they take whatever they can, from whoever happens to cross their path, after dark either by gunpoint or by intimidation.  It's only going to get worse.  The wealthy do not care, if they did they would not have spent whatever it took to buy the influence of our U.S. congress, and if our U.S. congress gave a crap about doing right by their voters, and NOT the Uber-wealthy, they would do their jobs and not allow their official position of office to be compromised by unbridled GREED!