jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think that going to malls or getting an English education are not part of

1. triosol profile image58
    triosolposted 7 years ago

Do you think that going to malls or getting an English education are not part of Indian culture?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Culture is fluid, it is also a bottomless pit, just because things are added to a culture doesn't make the old values disappear.  Does going to shopping malls make the transmission of goods, more or less efficient in India, does the increase in these shopping centres ensure better quality and preserved food, does it change the nature of fly infested, dusty, dirty markets?
    Does getting an English education allow Indians, and India in general, better chances to compete in the world at large, or would you prefer India to to become insular and then stagnate while the rest of the world flows on?

3. Alpha Romeo profile image69
    Alpha Romeoposted 7 years ago

getting an English education is just a necessity of the times, i don't believe it has anything to do with being against our culture.
    And going to malls is just something we do to buy stuff or maybe kill some time.

Our culture doesn't have anything against malls and English learning.

If what you mean is that is this stuff altering our original culture? No doubt it is...no doubt it is...

4. profile image46
    pmpaustraliaposted 6 years ago

Please define Indian culture? Everyone seems to do this to fit his / her perspective. I think Indian culture is to learn English after all they did rule for 200 years.
    http://www.amacademyonline.com/

5. mallhopp profile image60
    mallhoppposted 11 months ago

I think this ideology is really changing. now with malls getting more customer oriented they are actually making malls on basis of how a normal person would shop who cannot spend much. and if you want to shop cheaply never mmiss offer in mall with https://goo.gl/nSakvz

working