Why Are You Still A Democrat?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

I changed years ago because the party was changing. The way the polls are going, many more will change.

Line from a song I wrote, to the tune of "G-D Bless America."

From his right ear, to his left ear,
    and with nothing in-between.

1. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a member of any political party and don't buy into generalizations -good or bad- about them.
      Is this meant to upset people? It's like: "why are you xxreligion? Don't you know that if you are you're a vapid idiot?"
      Totally antagonistic. *tsk tsk* smile

Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Asking why is antagonistic? I'm sure reporters think like that.

No, merely asking why is not in itself antagonistic. However, going on to quote the song which implies that Dems are brainless IS. S'cool with me, just pointing out.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am independent but voted democrat because of the people who put George Bush into office for eight years.  Funny, these same people want a democrat to clean up the mess they voted for.

And after Bush cleaned up Clinton's mess.

2. BrianFanslau profile image59
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

Never was a democrat or a republican. I believe in eliminating much of government and privatizing it since our government can't seem to regulate their spending and has drove us into to debt harder than ever with the new "Change"

You described yourself as more of a Republican, Democrat's want the government to run things.

3. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

Maybe I should write one.

Why are you affiliated to ANY political party ?

or

Why are you still a republican ?

I am not affiliated to either party, I HATE politics, but I must say. It was the former Republican President who has created much of the current debt by putting us into a pointless war which has not only cost us money but thousands of lives. And sure the current President has added to it, but money has to be spent to recover doesn't it ?

seems like the economy is slowly rebounding as well... hmmmm

I vote for the candidate I think is best for America. Bush had a higher approval rating at this time in his Presidency. Bush did lose control of thins his last year, that killed his legacy. Before that our economy and unemployment were great.

4. BrianFanslau profile image59
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

Politics are not simple sad

And it never will be.

5. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Bush lost control of things in his last year? Um, I had better not touch that one. I'll just let it stand alone and bask in its own glory...

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

Apparently, Bush supporters do not remember him denying we were heading for a recession or depression long before leaving office.  Not surprising, they also don't remember him saying the oil would pay for the war in Iraq, or Osama bin Laden could run but he could not hide.  In fact, Bush supporters suffer from memory loss about his entire presidency.  Were we not better off economically before Bush was elected?

Apparently, it was all a dream...the WMD's, the "cakewalk," the (scuse me while a throw up a teensy bit) Patriot Act, the "don't question what my administration does.." crap, the assault on protected wildlands, the "persons of interest" being held with no formal charges, the torture (or not, depending on which dictionary you use), the scandals and corruption attached to nearly every one of GW's buddies, the redacting of half of the information in the 9/11 Commission's report, shall I go on? Guess it doesn't matter since apparently none of that stuff happened. Or at least it was way better than all of the horrible things Obama has managed to do in a few months....which are...?

Don't give me WMD! Four countries had the same info. The best support for Bush on WMD's was Saddam Hussain saying he had them.

Obama's "transparency" has Congress voting on bills they know nothing about. I'll bet you enjoy 24, beat the hell out of them, Jack! No torture, unless you're a puppy. Some of these guys at Gitmo never had it so good. No cold weather, 3 meals a day, bible, prayer rug, TV, medical, dental, soccer, walks in the sun light, throwing urine and feces on the infidel guards and more. Obama was going to close Gitmo, until he realized no one wanted the people including people in the US. They must represent NIMBY!

Obama is trying to change everything about America. I told you he follow's the teachings of Saul Alinsky. A self professed COMMUNIST!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

I said "Bush supporters" have memory loss.  Let's not forget the corruption of the Justice Department by Bush appointees.  This is still being investigated by the way with Cheney seemingly implicated in the whole mess. (surprise, surprise)

If you like we can add up all of these scandals and keep a running count on both.  I can kind of understand people voting for Bush the first time, but the second time, no excuse.

1. tksensei profile image59
              tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

John Kerry is a great excuse.

1. nicomp profile image60
                nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's so sad that the best candidates available to the 2 major parties in the United States were Kerry and Bush. We can do so much better.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
                IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, was he ever the wrong choice!

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60

Every President has memory loses. Obama is having them very early in his term. Didn't Obama say; "unemployment won't get above 8%, Green Energy will create 300,000 new jobs" and more. George Herbert Walker Bush; read my lips, no new taxes.

Harvey, you and I can agree on this: they all lie. smile

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60

Bush wasn't great. I thought he would be if he turned around the middle east, he didn't.

6. profile image0
    Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

all you 'democrats' make sense

careful roobee, you make a lot.  u watch u e-mail

7. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I hate politics too. smile

8. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

Your jumping on Obama who hasn't even been in Office for a full year ? and is actually doing a good job on a lot of levels (yea some things actually take time)

and can we at least agree that Bush was a major &%#^ up ?

I think one of your statements is great when you wrote "Bush said oil would pay for the war"

exactly, we went to war for oil...nothing else. OHHHH yea those weapons of mass destruction =P ?

either way I do respect everyone's political opinions and it is fun to have decent arguments. I think everyone on hubpages is generally easy to discuss any issue with and that's why I love this place. Nobody really gets angry...

1. tksensei profile image59

Ok, how long before it's ok to "jump on" him?

2. tksensei profile image59

Like what?

3. nicomp profile image60
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quadrupling Bush's deficit is a good job?

How many times were we attacked after 9/11? Oh, yeah. Zero.

And Obama said taxing the rich would pay for health care.

It is fun, I agree!

9. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

But we haven't. Not for a long while...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)