jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is China the next powerful nation in the world?......

1. mac carter profile image58
    mac carterposted 7 years ago

Is China the next powerful nation in the world?......

They have man power, brain, beauty and everything...

2. sandun81 profile image56
    sandun81posted 7 years ago

China and India both doing exceptionally well. But I think China has much interest about international matters than India.

3. Claudin_Dayo profile image59
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

Probably.. smile) they were quiet expanding in a surreptitious way right now.. I agree that they had an army 3x than that of America, brain but I kinda doubt with beauty; they might have gone under the knife. smile)

4. jamesroy11143 profile image58
    jamesroy11143posted 7 years ago

It is possible...but i will say this is going to be truth, since we are seeing that china is growing its economic well and increasing day by day so it is not too far that they may be the next powerful nation in the world.

5. brnielsen44 profile image58
    brnielsen44posted 7 years ago

Yes, they are the most powerful country next to no one. But I don't know if it will last because of some of the policies they are putting into place. I believe China is beginning to demand certain things from other nations that are becoming a little unreasonable, such as regulations on car makers and internet providers.

6. spartanmoving profile image35
    spartanmovingposted 7 years ago

We can't predict what can happen in future and we can have some hope that china wants to be a powerful nation in the world.

7. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

Hard to say.  Their star is certainly rising just now.

But I don't think that their road will always be smooth.  The political structure there is not stable over the longer term, in my opinion; pressures for more democracy will only grow as prosperity increases and the middle class grows.

Also, many climate models project serious water supply issues for China as global climate change continues over the next few decades.  (For some quick details on that, consult my Hub on Gwynne Dyer's book "Climate Wars.") That will probably impact their food security and impose political strains, too.

Lastly, they will need to devote considerable energy to maintaining security in their immediate neighborhood--Pakistan is in serious trouble, IMO, and will demand considerable attention from China and India both (as well as the USA!)

working