jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the solution to job losses in America?

1. Treasuresofheaven profile image71
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

What is the solution to job losses in America?

2. Answer Man profile image60
    Answer Manposted 7 years ago

More jobs.  That will most likely solve the problem, although I may be wrong.

3. profile image45
    llapageposted 7 years ago

Probably not just one solution, but companies doing business in this country should be required to hire US citizens.  We should shop only locally when we can and put the money in our own local ecomonic system.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Get big government out of our lives and the process of daily business.  Small business in America accounts for much of the employment and growth in jobs that we have today.  The investments the Obama Admiistration is making in the market place fall short of hitting the proper targets and simply waste taxpayer money.  The government never has and never will create jobs unless it is the only employer left someday which could certainly be the outcome of the road we are currently running on.  Small and large businesses need an economic climate in which to grow. One with a reasonable amount of oversight and a minimal amount of taxation.  When business grows in America, the economy expands and things get better for everyone including our government in terms of tax revenues etc.  Currently, the actions this government is taking is to grow the government, increase the spending, regulation, taxation, and oversight to the point that it literally surpresses the desire to accomplish anything in the business sector.  The government produces no products, no profits, and simply represents overhead expense...it needs to shrink and get out of the way in order for America to get back to work. WB

5. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Read my hub of Government Spending and taxes during recession.
    It is recession economics made simple.

6. profile image61
    Paul Cheslerposted 7 years ago

The corporations need to employ a certain amount of people large enough to support the small businesses that employ one out of two American workers.  The jobs that we really need back are the factory jobs that have been outsourced to the Orient, that used to support the blue-collar worker in America.  If we institute a tax on the big companies who outsource jobs, this could deter them from continuing and could win us back some of those jobs.  We are short 14 million jobs and employ 12 million overseas.  For more, visit my hub, Keep American Jobs in America!

7. animekid profile image71
    animekidposted 7 years ago

Companies need to look at the bigger picture and realize that people are not just a commodity that can be bought and sold. I was just fired from a job that I held for less than a month and for all the wrong reasons. Because there is such a huge pool of Americans that are out of work at the moment, most companies are just looking to have people who will just do the job and shut their mouths and not use their brains. This is the wrong way to address the employment issue and these companies need to understand that people need to be appreciated and given the chance to actually make a difference in their respective jobs. I tried to do this and was let go just the other day with some flimsy excuse. Stop looking at the American worker as just a number and treat them like they actually matter to your organization. This is the real way to stem the unemployment tide and I just want to add that we really need to stop blaming the Obama administration for our current issues, as he really just inherited this from the previous administration.