jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why people says blonde are "stupid" when they're not?

1. Christopher J. profile image56
    Christopher J.posted 7 years ago

Why people says blonde are "stupid" when they're not?

I've met girls with their respective hairs and some says they don't like blondes at all, ór that they're stupid. Are people doing this on purpose? 'Cause it looks like a sub-culture saying and it does offends others. How can people be so racist these days when one can't prove anything like that?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4069367_f260.jpg

2. christoss1959 profile image73
    christoss1959posted 7 years ago

People in general dont believe blonds are stupid. It is a stereotype that people use to joke about other people.

There might be a few people that do believe in stereotypes and that the stereotypes are never wrong but if someone truly believes that then they must be so stupid you shouldnt even bother talking to them.

3. It's just me profile image61
    It's just meposted 7 years ago

From what I understand of history the Roman Emporer was so angry at not winning against the Gauls and Celts that he ordered that all prostitutes must wear blond wigs, the resulting prejudice lasts to this day, i.e. "blonds are easy," etc....

4. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

The 'dumb blonde' (ie she 's stupid and easily talked out of her knickers) stereotype is pure Hollywood. It was one way of indicating that fornication was taking place 'off screen' when it could not be depicted on it.

working