What do you think is the solution to the current economic and political crisis all over the world?
Kill all the lawyers... who can argue with Shakespeare?
This is a great question... the biggest problem is nationalism and corrupt politicians. This will never be solved unless we all start living by the words of John Lennon in Imagine...
For starters I think we need to do the following:
1) Establish a viable state for the Palestinians with full access to their holy sites in Jeruseleam
2) Make peace with Iran and North Korea
3) The United States must stop playing favorites on the international scene (i.e. unconditional love for Israel; ignoring human rights abuses in China while scolding others)
4) A shift to renewable energy sources so the power that is vested in the countries of OPEC are somewhat diluted.
5) A universal adherence to International law and the Geneva Convention
6) Uniform standards for the treatement of workers (wages, safety etc) around the globe so manufacturing opportunities wil exist for all countries
Some of these things I say are merely declarations and may be naive but we must solve the hot spots so we can move forward. The United States in particular must regain the image of morality so the man on the street in the Islamic countries cannot so easily be swayed by the bin laden's of the world. We must have clear missions and be uniform in our objections.
With regard to the economic crisis in the USA, we have to deal with those factors which are within our control. Here are some items to address:
1. First and foremost, quite spending like drunken sailors on a weekend pass.
2. Down-size government and get it out of the lives of business and the people to the greatest extent reasonable.
3. Get rid of ObamaCare.
4. Establish a reasonable flat tax rate across the board.
5. Establish government budgets and live within them.
6. Let the private sector drive the economy and lose the idea that government is responsible for creating jobs.
7. Set terms limits on elected offices.
8 Do away with earmark and pork-barreling spending.
9. Stop the government's insistence on being the social conscious of America...leave that to the people and the churches.
10. Secure our borders and deal effectively with those who break the law to cross them.
by David Stillwell 3 years ago
Who is responsible for current economic conditions of the United States. Congress or the president?I am interested in your opinions, rants, and factual comments. Have at it people... I value all opinions even if I do not agree with them.
by pramodgokhale 5 years ago
Third World--will be lagging forever? in Globalization Era? solution?I am an Indian, India a member of third world nations group. HDI and other parameters, these nations are way behind and in 21st century how they are going to stand? There is list of Failed nations. We discuss...
by Jimbo'daNimbo 6 years ago
I can't help but wonder what the model is for all the change that the left is trying to hammerlock us into as a nation. Would someone please enlighten me as to where these policies have produced the desired result.Not just health care mind you but the whole range of Socialist desires on the wish...
by Catherine Giordano 20 months ago
HP has always said do evergreen hubs. Politics is certainly not evergreen. it has a short "shelf-life" if it is about a current event. And since I would mostly write about U.S. politics, they might have very little appeal in other countries. I use my blogs to write about politics,...
by lady_love158 7 years ago
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 57504.htmlThis is bold! This is leadership! Using the recommendations from Obama's own debt commission Ryan constructed this budget. Look for the democrats to demagogue, distract, and disparage this while not bringing forth a reasonable plan of their...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 5 years ago
There are easy solutions to our current socioeconomic ills. They are as follows:(1) Severely curtail illegal immigration. Many illegal aliens receive health care and other amenities which taxpayers pay for. (2) Institute stringent workfare programs for all abled people on welfare. ...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|