jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you give to bell ringers?

1. Andi R profile image59
    Andi Rposted 7 years ago

Do you give to bell ringers?

2. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

no i do not give to bell ringers. Too many scammers..

3. Donna Janelle profile image74
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I do try to give to the Salvation Army bell ringers when I have change on me. I don't carry cash very often, but I do like to give if I have it.

4. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Seldom as of late...not so much because I have a problem with them as it is the fact that I do the vast majority of my financial transactions with my debit card so I don't carry around cash and change in most cases.  Given that, I have trouble coming up with anything to give them. WB

5. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

Just gave a $1.00 an hour ago to Salvation Army bell ringers.  If I have the money, I will give.

6. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

No. There are too many people with their hands out. So I don't give publicly. And who knows how much of that money actually reaches the "needy." It seems most of that donated money goes to administrative costs or to pay wages. Instead I give a food donation to a church or I donate to a clothing drive. Sometimes I personally give cash to a needy person I know. I also do other things to help the needy. For example, my brother and his wife are living in my house rent free and pay no utilities because they can't afford to.

7. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

The Salvation army and Fire fighters that collect with "boot" drives for burn victims are two charities, that I don't mind giving to because they do good works!

working