jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should Bill Clinton be appointed a special advisor to Barack Obama? Why the heck

1. Rogochuks profile image74
    Rogochuksposted 7 years ago

Should Bill Clinton be appointed a special advisor to Barack Obama? Why the heck not??

Bill Clinton is still relatively young, highly knowledgable about economic affairs and relevant. Since special times call for special actions, why not have this former president advice a sitting one.
    This is done in business all the time, it is called consultation.

2. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

As inexperienced as Obama seems to be, yes, he could use some help from someone other than special interest groups.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

this is the one thing about american politics i never understood. clinton went on national t.v. and stared at the camera and lied to all americans. not only did he lie but he cheated on his wife and took advantage of his power but america still listens to him. i wouldn't let him or his wife into my home under any conditions unless it was to save their lives. obama is way too good a person to be tied in with him but then again i'm not american so maybe i'm missing something.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

The first question out of the box would be "who would appoint him".  That is something that only the President should do since Clinton himself is a former President and should never be asked to take a lesser role.  Certainly Obama has access to Clinton and just this week announced that he has consulted Clinton on the state of the economy based on the fact that Clinton supposedly reigned over a good economy himself...no mention of who created it by the way. On that basis, I see no reason to "appoint" Clinton as an advisor. But, since Mr. Obama seems to desire to have a "czar" for every function in America, it may become a necessary position.  WB

5. profile image46
    scottwalkerposted 7 years ago

Scott Walker">Scott Walker