jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can fort worth code enforcement be sued for unfairness? Where they only target c

1. profile image46
    Texasraisedposted 7 years ago

Can fort worth code enforcement be sued for unfairness? Where they only target certain houses,...

while other houses in plain view dont comly with city code?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

I don't know. You should consult a lawyer about this.

3. Pancho Villa profile image70
    Pancho Villaposted 7 years ago

Generally speaking most government officials have immunity from law suits arising from the performance of their duties.  The exception is when it can be proven that they abused their powers.

Proving that some official abused their power is extremely difficult for several reasons.  First, it is going to be almost impossible to find anyone to testify against them.  Remember that code blue says that no brother shall testify against another brother. And secondly, in your case all they have to say is that they are working on each case as time allows. 

My suggestion is to complain often and loud at city council meetings.  Take pictures of the worst buildings and ask why they are going after your property when there are others much worse and possibly even dangerous buildings.

A word of caution though, remember that the city has unlimited resources with which to go after you. Once you insult a code inspector they will call in their friends to ticket you they will ask their friends on the police force to issue you traffic tickets.  They will make your life a living hell and there is not much you can do.  Yes there are laws against this but then how can you prove it?

You have to understand that the government system here is starting to work like a third world country.  It’s who you know and how much you give to someone’s campaign fund.  I got tickets for tall grass on a vacant lot when the grass was less than six inches while across the street the city owned vacant lots had weeds 36 to 48 inches tall. 

I started donating cash to my city councilman’s campaign and the tickets stopped coming.  Just don’t say its to get the code officers off your back, say its for the reelection campaign and make sure it’s in untraceable cash.

4. profile image52
    Andy the Greatposted 7 years ago

The way I would expect it to go down is:

"Did you break the code?"

"Yes, but...."

"Case closed."

working