jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are you "political"?

1. shynsly profile image59
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

Why are you "political"?

I have my politics, and I know why I hold the beliefs I do and why I care about the things I do... but what are your reasons?

2. rachellrobinson profile image80
    rachellrobinsonposted 7 years ago

I am political, and I am Conservative, because in 2001 I was a scared 17 year old two hundred miles from home when terrorist flew planes into buildings and killed innocent people. After that, as the various news stories flashed, I saw suddenly a grown man, who wept for the lives lost. Prior to that I knew nothing about George Bush, only that he wouldn't damage the country as much as Gore would have. After that I saw a man who made me feel safe, when the rest of the world didn't make me feel that way. While Bush might not be the man I thought he was in 2001, he is the reason that I got involved in Politics, and the reason that I felt so strongly that the Conservatives had the right ideas, and not so much the liberals.

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Politics and the mechanics of it hold no interest for me although I do write in that genre. I see it from my personal perspective as an action of necessity. As a citizen of America, I am forced to be "political" if I hope to hold on to those rights and liberties assigned to me under the Constitution. I, like many of Americans today, for years did not believe there were those among us who actually desire to take the rights of our citizens away and do so in some very underhanded ways. That awareness has singularly brought forth my "political" side and motivated me to speak out against such outrageous acts and proposals. I will not be lead silently into the night. WB

4. shynsly profile image59
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

Thank ya, WB... could not have said it better myself. "Political" is the last thing I would be, if I had the choice... but when other peoples "grand ideals" begin to affect, or at least threaten, my ability to live as I see fit, one can not help but to get involved. Whatever happened to "live and let live"?

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think everyone should at least try to understand basic politics. for me it's because i believe i have lived a life that shows me many perspectives of how thing should or could be. also i want a voice in things that effect my country and the people i love.

Closed to reply

working