jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

does the tea party hurt racism in the U.S.?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

does the tea party hurt racism in the U.S.?

i've been reading where many members promote racism with words and signs, do you find this to be true?

2. Abecedarian profile image79
    Abecedarianposted 7 years ago

Yes on promoting racism. Look at Arizona and all the termoil they created there. Not talking about the shooting. The fear mongering about border security and the talk of beheadings and such. All to promote fear and with it giving credence to the racists people of America to come out in droves. Since the Tea Party came out and used fear, the KKK and other organizations have grown in numbers that are unbelievable.
    So you tell me, do you think they promote racism?

3. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4495421_f260.jpg

I have gone to 2 teaparty rallys.  I saw no racism there. However I admit  I saw very few black persons there... but I watched closely and NOBODY bothered any black person who was there.  I went to the 8-28 rally with Glenn Beck at Washington DC. Almost a MILLION people were there.  It was like a giant church meeting! They prayed.  They talked about being honest and truthfull.  Several black persons were ON STAGE giving speeches INCLUDING  Coretta Scott King (A relative of M.L. King). I saw NO racism anywhere.  The reason people believe racism is at teaparties is because of the LIES put out by the liberal media (ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN).  If you want to hear the TRUTH you must listen to FOX news.  I took many pictures of teaparty signs  and  none of them were racist.  They all said things like, "Stop Spending My childrens money." and many patriotic signs.  NOTHING racist. Racism DOES exist in every country I admit. But it is a lie to accuse the teaparties of racism.The picture is me and the wife at the Glenn Beck rally we went to the Lincoln memorial.

4. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Wait, does the tea party hurt racism? Anything that hurts racism is a good thing in my book. You mean does the tea party promote racism, right? If someone on Fox News asked this question the way you did they would be branded as being sympathetic to racism.

And to answer your question, I don't know. The media has mauled this now old issue so badly it's impossible to tell who did what to whose dog for how many cookies.

But I'll tell you this. I supported the tea party movement before it was seized upon by the Republicans. I don't believe its origins were racially motivated. I hope those tea party members who were elected to office will hold to their stances and not align themselves with either party.

5. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 6 years ago

wow. racist white tea party people. I don,t believe it that people still ask this question in a country BUILD ON OPPRESSING OTHER RACES.

working