Should the police have to obey the same window tint laws that they enforce again

1. nifty@50 profile image74
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

Should the police have to obey the same window tint laws that they enforce against citizens?

I've noticed police cars that have very dark tint all the way around, that would be considered illegal on any other vehicle on the road.

2. Moon Willow Lake profile image74
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

I think so. To me, it's like a cop who speeds and then pulls someone over for speeding the next day. It reminds me of a parent teaching their child - it's not 'Do as I say and not as I do' - It's got to be 'Do as I do'.

It also reminds me of an overweight doctor telling their patient to exercise, eat better, and lose weight.

How much respect are we to give to those who constantly live by 'Do as I say and not as I do'?

If the law is no tint beyond a certain darkness factor, then that law applies to everyone. They cannot be above the law.

3. SPFtint profile image55
    SPFtintposted 4 years ago

Plain and simple the answer is NO.  The primary reason dark tint is not allowed on vehicles is for public safety.  Police officers need to know what type of situation they are walking into.  Without being able to see into a vehicle their safety is at risk.  Does the person in the vehicle have a gun, a knife, is there more than one person in the vehicle?  I could go on and on.   These are all questions an officer must be able to answer before putting him or herself at risk.  I am not a police officer and certainly wouldn't want to be one but I do understand the issues that police officers face.