jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Egypt? Anyone else confused....

1. BobBigWheel profile image57
    BobBigWheelposted 7 years ago

Egypt?  Anyone else confused....

I'd love a few good links, or maybe a short answer if someone is well read on what's going on over there.  Sounds pretty wild that they've actually turned off the internet.  I'd be protesting in the streets too!

Thanks.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 7 years ago

Only a little.  Most of the problems in Egypt right now are a consequence of agitation by the Muslim Brotherhood.   They are the ones who assassinated Anwar Sadat and want to flip Egypt just like Iran was flipped in the '70s.  The goal of the Muslim Brotherhood is to re-establish the Caliphate that controlled The Middle East, North Africa and Southern Europe 700 years ago ending only when Ferdinand and Isabella expelled the Moors from Spain in 1492.

3. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 7 years ago

If you want news for Arab countries, I'd try Al Jazeera (news site). 

There are a lot of protests going on in the Arab world (Algeria, Tunisia, Yemen, Egypt, Jordan, Sudan).  While there are differences, there are also similarities; high unemployment, rising prices especially for basics like food, and for most of them, a government that is relatively autocratic and has been in power for a long time.

The Egyptian protesters were using social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to organize and communicate, which is why the government shut it down.

I just wrote a hub about this issue if you want to go check it out.

4. Zubair Ahmed profile image77
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

Hi BobBigWheel,

Please tune into PressTV on sat-515.  You will get an unbiased report of the mid-east.  Egypt president is a puppet sponsored by at tune of 1.2Billion US tax payers money by the US government. He through force subjugates his people.  The man has been running the country with an iron fist for 30 years, each time he runs for presidency he gets 80-90% of the votes and no one stands against him, those that do, get locked up for good.  The people in Egypt have had enough of him now, which is why they are taking to the streets,watch how the USA interferes with other countries if you don't believe me.  Try MicahelMore or GeorgeGalloway dot com to get the best info

5. BobBigWheel profile image57
    BobBigWheelposted 7 years ago

I thought this was a great image:

http://i.imgur.com/xvRTw.jpg

working