jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever cried in public?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Have you ever cried in public?

If your answer is yes then why? How it made you feel afterwards?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4608442_f260.jpg

2. donnatru profile image75
    donnatruposted 7 years ago

cried at a job one time because the day was very stressful and I also had PMS. I was embarrassed and dried up the tears as quick as I could.

3. Chris Eddy111 profile image80
    Chris Eddy111posted 7 years ago

Yes, I've cried in public and felt foolish and embarrassed. It has to do with letting down ones guard and feeling vulnerable.  It's not something that I do especially in public.

4. izettl profile image95
    izettlposted 7 years ago

Oh yes!!! I hadn't cried much most of my life. I was taught ot be tough, not show emotion. Then about 10 years ago, my boyfriend, whom I loved very much and thought was THE ONE, died in an accidental drowning- the only day we had spent apart since we met a year before that.
    I was crushed and devastated. I cried for a couple of days straight. I got better but the same week I went to Starbuck's and was waiting in line for some coffee and sporadically started crying right there. I left to go cry it out in my car, but I was shocked how it come on like that and it suddenly happened like that for another couple of weeks.
    Since letting the floodgates go, I am more sensitive and don't really find a need to hold back emotion as much. I guess once you've cried in public, it doesn't matter anymore- the tough exterior is out of the closet, so to speak. I haven't cried in public like that again, but I shed a tear or two at a sad movie. I like my more sensitive side being out in the open. Somebody said above it makes someone feel more vulnerable, but I remember a quote: "A warrior is not about perfection or victory or invulnerability. He's about absolute vulnerability."

5. justanotherteen profile image59
    justanotherteenposted 7 years ago

I don't cry a lot if i'm honest, I tend to cry more out of laughter than depression but I have just been so exhausted and irritated that I cried on a bus once. Also once my ex boyfriend kissed me at a party as I was a bit tipsy and I was so consumed with guilt and shock that i broke into tears and ran to my best friend, he had to hug me tight so that I would calm down but although it seems totally embarassing it's actually one of my favourite memories of my friend as he was there for me when I needed him and if it weren't for him I would have been in hysterics

6. AngelaPereira profile image70
    AngelaPereiraposted 7 years ago

Yes I've cried in public. I think nearly everyone has. Sometimes our emotions are so strong that it is almost impossible not to do it. But I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing, sometimes we just need to let it go If we feel like it

working