do you agree with the visa cuts from the canadian government?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you agree with the visa cuts from the canadian government?

people are angry because now they might not be able to bring their parents and grandparents here. is that a canadian problem or do you think that it is irrelevant?

2. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

Just heard news about it today, I expect a lot of unrest depending on where you stand on the issue. We have a problem here in Canada of fooling immigrants into opportunities that simply don't exist and then pulling the red carpet away from them the moment they step foot on this country. Often this leaves the immigrants destitute as they don't have the funds to then return home. The few that manage to prevail often want to bring in their elderly parents or grandparents who don't earn any income, further exasperating the problem.

Overall, our immigration policy is so horrible that I feel we should freeze immigration completely until we can come up with something better. The problem is people are very "sensitive" to such issues, people often mix immigration with race, and that is a big source of irrational conflict. I expect this conflict to intensity upon the news of the visa cuts.

For the record, I will once again state this isn't strictly a race issue. My sister has a boyfriend in Europe (both are Caucassian) and this change in policy will affect her greatly.

working