jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should people only vote along party lines?

1. tritrain profile image85
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

Should people only vote along party lines?

2. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

In my opinion anyone that does that is narrow minded.  It doesn't take one political party to fix everything, it takes all kinds of people from different perspectives.  It's these differences that bring about more possible solutions, and therefore the best ones we can come up with.

No one party has all of the answers.  If they did we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

3. Jaynie2000 profile image92
    Jaynie2000posted 6 years ago

I think that people would be better served if they voted on the issues. It is likely that, based upon one's values, they will find themselves naturally voting along party lines, but that is not always the case.

Modern politics are more polarized than ever because candidates spent an inordinate amount of time worrying about reelections and destroying their opponents and far less time doing their jobs. It has become really disgraceful.

Wisconsin is currently leading a revolution that will hopefully have a ripple affect across the nation. They are in the process of following up massive rallies with recall efforts of state senators from both parties. The GOP is most vulnerable and in fact, one of the 8 GOP senators eligible for recall has already had a recall petition filed against him, with the requisite number of signatures required to force a recall election. If what we are doing in Wisconsin has the desired affect across the nation, it will hopefully get candidates from both parties to take notice and get them back to putting more emphasis on running our country instead of their campaigns.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Yes, if they are so mentally challenged that they can't think like an adult, then that's fine - I guess.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Not at all.  Instead of embracing someone based on party, we should listen to what they have to say and on how they plan to deal with the multitude of issues we have right now.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

No. People should vote for the candidate that is best suited to address the issues they deem to be the most important to them.

Having said that I think you would be hard pressed to find any U.S. Senator or Congressman who will admit they ever voted for anyone outside of their own party for president or any other office. In order to climb up the party ladder loyalty is required.
    Once the dust settles after the primaries it is expected that every member of the party will circle it's wagons to help "their team" win the general election.

working