Is a quiet US President a successful President?

1. itsameanoldscene profile image60
    itsameanoldsceneposted 6 years ago

Is a quiet US President a successful President?

Over here in the UK, former President George Bush was never off the UK news channels when he was in power, now with President Obama in charge, it is clear here that he is very rarely on the news just maybe a few times per week.

2. ahorseback profile image59
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

He can be !, The problem is that  our crazy media is the deciding factor in the success of any politician , our "free  speech " media IS  the problem  , in the reality of our system the President isn't as powerful ,by any means,  as senate and congress.  Bushes success [ or not ]will be decided  by historians as will Obama's,  So far  I think that most of America is dissapointed in general in the inactivity in  of  government as a whole.  All of the political noise in America  is just that! Noise.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Really, only a few times a week.  Over here you cannot turn on the TV without Obama giving a speech about something, somewhere.

I think that during George Bushes presidency, he was in good graces with your government and that may have influenced the amount of time he spent on the news. 

I have to say that Obama is a compelling speaker, although doesn't say much when he does speak--if you know what I mean.

I would not call him a quiet president, just ineffective.