jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you vote Trump for President? why/whynot?

1. Melissa.P profile image58
    Melissa.Pposted 7 years ago

Would you vote Trump for President? why/whynot?

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I might consider voting for him but I do not see him as the solution to our woes.  Our problems of today are much bigger than one man or woman.  Our problem for years has been that we put our focus on the White House and the Office of President and let Congress run wild with spending and earmarking pork-barrel projects.  We got here via Congress not via Presidents.  Sure they could have helped but they could not stop it all.  There have only been a few who tried...Truman and Reagan come to mind.  We have to hold the people who hold the purse strings responsible and accountable and if they cannot do their job in accordance with the desires of the American majority, then they need to go home and rest. WB

3. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 7 years ago

I might because I think he would truly be a maverick and do his own thing regardless of party affiliation.  He has made some really common sense suggestions about what our country should do.  Like not bow to China and not just give away things we have fought for.  But I don't think he will win the Republican nomination.  Sending a surrogate to Iowa to test the waters just isn't going to win the nomination.  He has to go in with both feet and then campaign like he wants the nomination.  I doubt he has what it takes to go 10 rounds and win the nomination.

I think he'd be better off running an independent camapaign to not discourage people from voting for him based on party label.  He sure would be an interesting President.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I don't think he is truly prepared to be president.  Yes, he is good with finance--but is is also used to paying someone to do what needs to be done. 

My fear is that he will take votes from legitimate candidates lop-siding the election they way Ross Perot did many moons ago.

5. mortgage-news profile image59
    mortgage-newsposted 7 years ago

I think he might be the qualified person on the republican side of the ticket. But no way that I vote for him.

working