Is ther U.S. government going to eliminate the Mortgage Interest Deduction for h

1. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

Is ther U.S. government going to eliminate the Mortgage Interest Deduction for homeowners?

This is the only thing that saves me from having to pay the IRS.  If I lose this, it will be very costly.

2. Alternative Prime profile image74
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

Not only that, but the "Republican Party" is once again attempting to dismantle another brick in the overall foundation of the middle, upper middle & retirement class by eliminating the ONLY reliable source of income they have for their golden years, and use the proceeds for another massive tax gift to the extremely wealthy and corporate entities. yeah I'm first in line to approve in excess of 1 TRILLION in monetary gifts to Banks & Corporate Entities so they can start trading mortgage backed securities.....AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!.........????????

Despite the nonstop partisan rumblings of the GOP that have been going on since they decided to try and make an unethical and possibly illegal $3 TRILLION Dollar  withdrawal, Social Security is and will be solvent for at least the next 3 decades or possibly longer even if congress stands pat and does nothing.

It's almost inconcievable to think after all the sacrifices Lower Income, Middle, and Upper Middle classes have made over the last few years such as anemic Bank CD Returns, Slightly Lower Home Values (Recovering nicely here in Southern CA) etc., the Repub's have the audacity to try and eliminate the main source of American's Retirement Income and Medical Benefits. ......Even though I'm non partisan, I think that's absurd...

Social Security & Medicare need to be preserved as they have been for several decades, not raided by the Republicans....

3. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

This is scary.  I don't know how people are going to afford to pay their taxes.

working