jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Was anyone else utterly embarrassed by how Obama acted and represented the U.S.

1. Kaniel Loughran profile image59
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

Was anyone else utterly embarrassed by how Obama acted and represented the U.S. at the WHCA dinner?

Was his behavior unbefitting that of the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world?

2. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

No.  It shows that President Obama is a regular guy, who can speak like a regular guy, and is not some uptight elitist who was born of privilege.  I thought it was quite funny.  Trump was not amused, but then again Trump is an uptight elitist who was born of privilege.

Trump was an idiot for showing up to that dinner.  It was a bad weekend for Trump.  I was watching Trump's ego on full display during The Apprentice, when the show was interrupted by the huge news that Obama's decision to focus the war on terrorism on Afghanistan and Pakistan had yielded the top prize, Osama Bin Laden.

3. amymarie_5 profile image85
    amymarie_5posted 6 years ago

I heard that those kinds of roasts are actually expected at these annual dinners. I actually respect Obama even more now because it just proves he doesn't take all these stupid rumors seriously.  Embarrassed by Obama?  No.  I'm embarrassed by Donald Trump and our media.

4. Capable Woman profile image61
    Capable Womanposted 6 years ago

No, the occasion traditionally calls for a relaxed attitude and a sense of humor. I for one was impressed with his comic timing and delivery.
    No president in recent memory has been quite so erudite and cool as Obama. He represented himself and the office well, in my opinion.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

not at all. it was awesome actually. he looked and sounded like a man who understood what he was saying and what had happened. trump is nothing but a rich big-mouth and he is an embarrasment to the U.S.

working