jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you really believe that the ISI in Pakistan was not aware of Bin Ladin's pre

1. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

Do you really believe that the ISI in Pakistan was not aware of  Bin Ladin's presence in Pakistan?

Both India and Afghanistan have been pointing their fingers at Pakistan for some time for giving safe haven for Bin Ladin and other terrorists.

2. profile image0
    THAT Mary Annposted 6 years ago

No, I cannot imagine that a compound of the size bin Laden was using-- so different from the small homes around it-- didn't raise suspicions. Also, if they didn't go OUT, deliveries had to be made, and the servants would have spoken to outsiders at some point. It is also said that he walked every day on the outside deck of the mansion and he was an "extremely tall" man. Now we also know the CIA was keeping tabs on him from a nearby house so, all in all, it seems his presence was probably known to some in Pakistan for some time before he was shot.

3. Morgan Lefaye profile image58
    Morgan Lefayeposted 6 years ago

I think to me that the ISI was aware the whole time where Bin Laden was, and I think that they are upset that it was the US who gets the credit for killing the biggest threat to our country in history.

4. Hound Cat profile image60
    Hound Catposted 6 years ago

It seems like they should have been aware of it.  Now our problem is how we are going to deal with the new terrorist command structure.

working