jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think we'll ever see a U.S. president with as much prowess and gumption a

1. Kaniel Loughran profile image59
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

Do you think we'll ever see a U.S. president with as much prowess and gumption as FDR or Churchill?

2. agunter profile image61
    agunterposted 6 years ago

Well simply judging by our candidates for 2012, I would have to say no. I think the days of having any type of strong willed and BS free president were over before they began.

3. profile image0
    tjf4x4inposted 6 years ago

Not likely. The people of this country are much to easily swayed but promises and a good speech on subjects they don't understand rather than an actual solution. Example: You never here a real solution come from a canidate. There answers are always very broad and people love it.

4. kevin.howell profile image61
    kevin.howellposted 6 years ago

Id rather see one like TR.  We need someone to walk softly and carry a big stick.

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Personally, I believe that a repeat of FDR would not be good thing for America, and that is because I also believe that his administration(s) set a lot of very bad precedents. As an example, the New Deal evolved into the widespread dependency on welfare and the "gimme mentality" that exists in this country today.

6. lime light power profile image59
    lime light powerposted 6 years ago

Ha... good question and I can only reply with another question that may provide an answer... Who is John Galt?

7. akanga1 profile image86
    akanga1posted 6 years ago

Events define leaders. Churchill had World War II. He would otherwise have been just another prime minister. FDR had the great economic crisis and the World War. You can't manufacture events to demonstrate leadership skills. Plus; the world is a very different place. Nostalgia has a way of putting a tint on the lenses.

working