jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What will we do for food, in our country after the devastating floods?

1. Donna Suthard profile image73
    Donna Suthardposted 6 years ago

What will we do for food, in our country after the devastating floods?

Are you concerned about the devastating implications of the disastrous flooding that is occurring in our country, and the famine that may result in our country?

2. christopheranton profile image73
    christopherantonposted 6 years ago

You are not going to get a famine in The United States.
    Try living in Bangladesh, or one of The Sahel countries like Chad or Mali, and you may worry about a famine.

3. hottopics profile image56
    hottopicsposted 6 years ago

The flooding will not affect crop production. All it will do is raise the prices. That is why they are already starting with we are going to be short of food. I am tired of this tactic. We were running out of gas causing long gas lines and the price of gas to rise to 1 dollar a gallon. Once the price hit where the oil companies wanted, suddenly we had more gas than we knew what to do with. Several years ago, Florida had a major frost. We were told OJ supplies were desimated. Prices soared. once again, when the rose to the price that was wanted, there were plenty of oranges. Same thing with tomatoes, but again when the price shot up, we had plenty of tomatoes. 2 weeks ago the government was suppose to implode like armegedan because out debt was to high and we needed to raise the limit or all hell was going to break out economically. But as the day this was to happened past, suddenly there was enough money to go on for 3 weeks. Guess what, today is 3 weeks. Bet they find money so armegeden does not happen. America, wake up, lets stop them from screwing us. Ignore the scare tactice that get used everytime someone wants their way.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Great question!  Christopheranton, and most any answer he gives is well worth your consideration.  I'll do what I always do - I eat only when I'm truly hungry, and it it means more Ramen noodles, and less steak, - then big deal.

5. qwark profile image57
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

There'll be alota floating hi protein insects, but ya gotta get 'em before I do!

6. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

Start growing food in Urban areas that have a lot of vacant land .Fruit trees for one would be beneficial because they don't require too much care.Just keep the birds  and squirls away

7. jg555 profile image60
    jg555posted 6 years ago

There won't be a full famine in the United States. Theres too many areas with crops and it's too big to have that problem.