jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is 'trailer trash' ?

1. itsameanoldscene profile image59
    itsameanoldsceneposted 6 years ago

What is 'trailer trash' ?

2. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago

The modern version of Hillbillies. It is an endangered species, relegated to the less prosperous trailer parks. Less respected than those who live in "The Projects", but not by much. The republicans think they can legislate all of them away by shutting off all entitlement programs, but will only manage to turn the more resourceful into bridge trolls and bush drinkers and others who wave friendly signs at drivers from the entrance to shopping malls and highways.

3. drdspervez profile image69
    drdspervezposted 6 years ago

It's an English term for poor white people.

DR.DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

4. Uninvited Writer profile image86
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago
  5. Miss Info profile image82
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

Hilarious Uninvited Writer... absolutely hilarious!

The term references more than just financial status, but has much to do with a lack of education, lack of morals, lack of work motivation or job skills by individuals within the white community.

Like all other racist terminologies, "trailer trash" should be banned from use.

6. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

It's a derogatory term for people who live in trailers who happen to be poor, perhaps in poor health and/or with no or little insurance. It doesn't mean they have no or low morals, just that they are poor.

7. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Britney Spears.                                                                        .

8. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5096582_f260.jpg

The full term is 'white trailer trash' -

9. zob2zob profile image60
    zob2zobposted 6 years ago

It is a derogatory stereotype given to people who are living in not very glamerous static caravan parks. It basically implies that they are poor in money, diet and prehaps health. It is however an assupmtion, as I expect that there are many walks of life rich and poor as there are all over the world.
    It was originally a USA term, however it is used in England also now, too

10. bigeddie06385 profile image58
    bigeddie06385posted 6 years ago

A lot of senior citizens live in trailer parks. Are these people uneducated? Do they lack morals or have no motivation? I think not, I agree with KK trainor. I'm sorry that your answer was "hidden due to negative feedback. The liberals must have voted it down.

working