jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why did Obama invite House Speaker John Boehner to play golf with him on June 1

1. bigeddie06385 profile image58
    bigeddie06385posted 6 years ago

Why did Obama invite House Speaker John Boehner to play golf with him  on June 18th?

What do you suppose old "Barry" is up to? According to the article I read, this is the first time Obama has ever invited a Republican to Play golf with Obama. Is John Boehner Obama's "best buddy", or does he need someone to carry his golf clubs?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5127158_f260.jpg

2. swb78 profile image59
    swb78posted 6 years ago

I think it is another ruling class outing on our tax payer dollars. In the private sector companies don`t always have the luxury of deciding to work things out on the golf course. Both of these men are ruling class jerks.

3. MPChris profile image78
    MPChrisposted 6 years ago

Most likely, he is trying to foster some bipartisan cooperation. Generally, when the Executive is controlled by one party, and the legislative by another, we get a very locked process of law-making, and only the best ideas will survive.

Generally, otherwise, no ideas get through. Which is probably the best form of governance there is.

4. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

It's just for show. I would ignore old Barry O and his golfing habits and pay more attention to the house and to the senate. They usually only put on shows like these to take up media attention while they do something else where no one is looking...

5. KK Trainor profile image59
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

It's just a photo op so that Barry can say he is trying to compromise. He is doing nothing of the sort, but this way the uninformed and naive public will believe him when he says he "reached out".

6. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I believe he is laying the foundation of his upcoming presidential run--wants to appear to be a bi-partisan president.  It is all about appearances at this point.

7. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

Because they like to drink beer.
    And golf play is only a cover up for a few Bud-s.

working