jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the differences in being a Progressive, Liberal or a Democrat in the po

1. JON EWALL profile image75
    JON EWALLposted 6 years ago

What are the differences in being a Progressive, Liberal or a Democrat in the political world?

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

These are my own definitions....

Progressive: Someone who continually seeks social and economical progress, regardless of consequences. This usually leads to socializing everything.

Liberal: Someone who feels that personal freedoms are more important than any other rule of the land.

Democrat: A person who feels that democracy is the best rule of the land, and who seeks to make rules according to the majority only. Usually leads to under representation for the minority.

3. justamber profile image59
    justamberposted 6 years ago

Not much these days.  The progressives have captured the power of the other two and the "mainstream" Republican for that matter. Progressives are power elite who think there way forward is the best and it will be imposed on society.  They believe they know what is best the people/sheep, and they are best suited to decide for you.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image59
    uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago

At one time Democrat was used to designate someone who voted Democrat or ran as a Democrat.   There has been a consistent drive to push those unwilling to conform to the dominant liberal agenda out of the party.  Liberal and progressive are the same.  The liberal envisions a utopian world and seeks to compel all to live in his vision.  Again and again through history we see those who use power to force all to live in a way defined by an ideological state. Lucky for us we live with American liberals rather than German or Russia liberals.  American liberals are too weak to use violence to force utopia on society.  The sole difference between German and Russian liberals is record keeping.  If Stalinists had kept records like the Nazis everyone would know the body count of the great progressive liberal experiment of the workers paradise.

5. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 6 years ago

Jon,
    This is tough - I shall answer a question with a few others...
    what is the difference between an idiot and a fool?
    I guess at what point does a dummy turn into a moron?
    When does bad turn to worse?
    enough rhetorical banter---->
    As to the question...Democrat is a party affiliation but according to Mark Levin, Liberalism is a mental disorder...I am with Mark- on that one.  this is the best definition
    I have heard...
    TH

working