Should the government force postal workers back to work?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Should the government force postal workers back to work?

the bill was passed, do you agree that the government has the right to force certain workers back to work?

2. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Anarchism is not a solution for any democratic country. Government has a big role to play in managing the country properly then in such a situation it is forced to put on some pressure. Mass protest is o.k but not at the cost of country's development. Disrupting a nation wide communication work is really uncalled for. It is not a struggle for freedom from any outer body. Postal workers and government both are parts of a same body so means of protest should be chalked out without hindering national stability. Government is answerable to all and not only to the postal workers but it is also answerable to the postal workers so it has to work for their betterment too. Forcing back to work for national interest is fine but using force as a dictator in a democratic country is ridiculous.

3. tfboyle profile image60
    tfboyleposted 6 years ago

No, they should be fired and replaced.  The government has no authority to force someone to work, and the employee has no right to keep their job if they go out on strike or choose not to work for any other reason.  I understand that the government does not want certain services to stop (the mail, trains etc.) but I don't think this justifies force.  A possibility might be that a bond would be issued when the employee is hired which allows for the government to be compensated for the loss of the employee when they go rogue, this money can then be used to train a replacement.  Or that the employees pension is only theirs on the condition that they do not strike or refuse to work for any reason.  I think this would be better than allowing the government to use force, they already use to much of it in every other spheres of action, lets not give them any more excuses.

working