jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should toronto's mayor have attended the "Gay Pride Parade"

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Should toronto's mayor have attended the "Gay Pride Parade"

do you think it was his civic duty or was it his right to choose not to attend?

2. solemansole profile image53
    solemansoleposted 6 years ago

That it is up to the mayor personally and must be based on the weight of reaction if his behavior has to come

3. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

I've lived in Toronto for nineteen years. I have absolutely no problem with gay people. I do not avoid Church St. (the predominantly gay area of downtown) or cross the street if a gay person is walking towards me. I don't care about people's sexual preferences. I have never been to the Pride Parade and I am not going this year either. I will be attending a Pow-wow at Dokis First Nation. To each their own so, if the mayor has a family tradition to attend to then, who cares really? He should do what he wants to do in my opinion and people should stay out of other people's hobbies and forms of entertainment (or sexual tendencies).

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Seeing as Pride weekend brings millions of dollars in business to the city he should at least try to attend one pride event. He is the mayor of all the people of the city.

5. Gail Anthony profile image62
    Gail Anthonyposted 6 years ago

Most actions taken by elected officials that are not directly related to official duties are undertaken not as a civic duty but for political gain.  Each politician can choose to attend any function they feel will be to their benefit whether it be a Bastille Day celebration, St Patricks Day beer fest, a Gay Pride Parade, or Muhvad Nureen's Bar Mitzbah.

working