Do you have confidence in the generals running our military today?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

Do you have confidence in the generals running our military today?

Do you think they are as smart and clever as the generals of World War II?

2. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

Actually I do consider the Generals of today very smart. The problem is they are hamstrung by a bunch of bureaucrats in Washington DC. Most of these bureaucrats are academics and do not know the first thing about being a soldier and as a result they are endangering our soldiers with rules of engagement that endanger the lives of those young men and women.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

None; they're mean-spirited, vain, and simplistic politicians in green polyester. They lose all of their wars, but they do win all public relations battles. Army generals have failed to evolve their fighting force to meet the types of conflicts that the US has been fighting since WWII. They have sold the military to contractors in order to perpetuate their own careers. The US Air Force is nothing more than the revenue distribution and product implementation division of Lockheed Martin. If I were in charge, I would place that corrupt agency back under the control of the army. There are too many 4-star generals for a military of our size. We can blame elected officials partially for getting us into a war and for losing it. But it is the generals who have turned the army into a bureaucratic failure in itself.
    I wrote a hub about it months ago:

http://oldempresario.hubpages.com/hub/T … re-Warning

working