jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is any criticism of Israel such a touchy issue in the US ?

1. stunnercold profile image80
    stunnercoldposted 6 years ago

Why is any criticism of Israel such a touchy issue in the US ?

Israel is just one of many nations. Even if it's an ally, why is there a need for such over-zealous protection. Almost all criticisms are censored in the media, or is it just me?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image80
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

Where have you been :-)...

This has been going on since the establishment of Israel in the OCCUPIED lands of PALESTINE.

I think it is due to the biased media in the US, they play a huge role in influencing people.  Israel according to the US media or Western media in general cannot do anything wrong.

3. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I agree with Zubair. But, I think Christianity is mostly to blame. The Bible clearly states that any nation opposed to Israel shall perish. Now, I am a logical human being capable of critical thinking. Therefore, I understand that this is superstitious B.S. However, the majority of my countrymen are none to smart and destined to one day work in Chinese sweat shops. People believe almost anything they learn in church and take it LITERALLY. For an Atheist like me, it's incredicbly scary to be surrounded by these people.

4. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

lol Ya, you don't wanna criticize the actions of the Israeli government or you will be labeled as anti-Semitic and you'll get a spanking ...  The corporate-controlled media does a great job at brainwashing people.
    All the best.

5. innersmiff profile image74
    innersmiffposted 6 years ago

The corporate/government controlled media won't have any criticism of Israel since it is critical to the west's domination of the middle-east. The 'protection' of Israel, through the Zionists in government (vastly disproportionate to the amount of Zionists in the general population), occupies a huge section of US foreign policy.

The British media is awash with zealous denouncement of activists for Palestine, and it does my head in, so I don't read newspapers or even watch the BBC anymore.

Glad to see this issue is being raised.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

All I can say is that our media does not accurately reflect the attitudes and opinions of the majority of Americans.

working