Please list your top six issues that you feel need to be addressed to fix America?
These Are My Six:
1. Corruption that runs rapid through our government, both local and nationwide
2. Set term limits for Senators and Representatives
3. Do away with the majority of the earmarks
4. Stop spending billions of dollars on foreign aid
5. Bring our soldiers home and let them defend America's borders
6. Get the voting back into the American people's hands, I mean every vote!
Of course this question will always be open. I will compile all of the answers between now and September 9 and then write a hub.
I look forward to everyone's answers!
1) and in my thinking.....the single most important..........STOP telling me how I think!
feed OUR people, it is a NATIONAL DISGRACE than our citizens are hungry
2).........STOP the regulations on the small business owner............Microsoft is NOT a small business owner..........the woman selling sandwiches and potatoe salad at lunch, on the corner IS
3).......Educate OUR children, before extending educational credit to immigrants...be they legal or illegal
4) Rein in the food stamp/housing/medical care/ issues. and abuses..................disqualify those who abuse.................give them a drug test........I took one for a job, that is taxed!
5) STOP questioning or the tying of hands of our law enforcement officials...........
I DO NOT ADVOCATE ABUSE, but dammit, they just do not know "who" they are pulling over........and they deserve some benefit of the doubt when the situation goes wrong
6) STOP the regulations.................on my guns, on my vote, on my smoking, on my picnic, on my Sunday supper, on my Faith, on my garden, on my field of hay, on my milk producing cow.............................STOP the attempt to save me from myself...................................................a duck egg is better for baking than a chicken egg................STOP telling me that I can not buy my neighbors duck egg!without a penalty tax, because she did not " meet" government regulations..........I have enough sense to know if a freaking egg is acceptable!!!!!!
I have enough common sense, to know, if what I choose for myself is worth the risk...........................When and if I am wrong..........illegals have the money tied up anyway.
1. Slow down the political corruption by shortening the election cycle, while keeping the terms at the length they are currently at. House of Representative service shall be a civic duty with members chosen at random from aportioned districts.
2. Cut military spending, disband the CIA, withdraw troops from overseas, and impose a "war tax" on income against the American people every time we decide to invade another country.
3. Pump money into education and make it the national priority
4. Legalize all drugs (too many harmless people are in jail because of these laws)
5. Impose the same taxes placed on corporations against all churches, religious entities, or any other for-profit businesses that were previously ignored
6. Go from a wartime to a peacetime economy by spending tax dollars on infrastructure, education, healthcare, science, space exploration, and energy.
My top six issues include the following
1. Create an energy policy that utilizes the resources we have in this county and are not being fully used along with focusing on developing alternative energy sources.
2. Fix our tax structure so it is easy to understand and creates a business friendly environment.
3. Get rid of unnecessary regulations that are costing businesses and hampering their ability to expand and increase jobs.
4. Pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution to force Congress to live within its income.
5. Eliminate all earmarks.
6. Require legislation to be evaluated against the authority granted to the federal government in the Constitution
1. War: Stop. We need a non-intervention policy. Until I can trust the government's judgment, no more American lives will be risked.
2. Taxes: Income tax will be removed as was promised following WWII, since it is an arbitrary and unconstitutional tax.
3. Dissolve the Department of Education and the Department of Energy. They are useless and have failed miserably.
4. End the War on Drugs and dissolve the DEA. Again, they have failed miserably.
5. De-criminalize marijuana. 60% of our prison population are non-violent drug offenders. Regulate it the way we regulate cigarrettes and alcohol. Make money on taxes and licensing fees.
6. Every government agency that cannot be outright eliminated should receive a 20% budget cut. This includes the Department of Defense. There are no exceptions.
The USA is going through some difficult times...What can we do to make it better? read more
by Thomas Byers 5 years ago
Rev. Jackson pointed out that their is no debate in the Presidential Debates about the Poor, the Homeless, and the Hungry. Are both of our Presidential Candidates ducking the important issues? What do you think?He also pointed out that there has been no debate about gun violence. At some point in...
by PrettyPanther 6 years ago
Please stop voting for these ignorant crackpots! I, a life-long liberal who used to occasionally vote Republican, long for two parties that are at least grounded in reality. Is that too much to ask? Stop voting for these mis-educated nitwits. We are tired of enduring the...
by muhammad abdullah javed 2 years ago
Issues to be addressed on International Women's Day 8th March - your views & suggestions please?
by Tony Lawrence 6 years ago
I am so happy to see the conservative vote rallying around the Newtster. You are absolutely right to abandon Romney. He's a shameless flip-flopper, he wears funny underwear and while he does love big business, he just is not mean spirited enough about all the things you hold dear in...
by Julianna 8 years ago
I clearly understand that Haiti had a major Earthquake which has taken hundreds if not thousands of lives. New Orleans is still recovering, has anyone visited there recently? I understand death and the pain, but what I am not understanding is why we have to listen to it all day on television. Why...
by Don Bobbitt 3 years ago
I am so frustrated right now. Here I am drinking my morning coffee and reading through my HP offerings. And, there they are! Person after person, with names that I have no chance to pronounce, writing articles (usually their first) that just the title alone, MAKES NO SENSE!OK, all of you bleeding...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|