jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Clifford Olsen is dying soon, are you happy?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Clifford Olsen is dying soon, are you happy?

it's been reported that cancer will kill him in a few days. personally I would have rather seen him executed but this will do. how do you feel?

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

I couldn't care less.  His actions were hideous, but their consequences upon the victims, their families, and society are not one whit less if he dies now or later, painlessly or in agony.

Making my happiness contingent upon the degree of justice in the world does not seem like a good plan.  I'm not advocating apathy here, but I think it's better to engage where one might actually be able to make a difference.  Clifford Olsen doesn't qualify--hence my disengagement with his fate since he has been safely imprisoned.

3. terrektwo profile image82
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Having read about him quite a bit I am relieved by his passing. There seemed to be no redeeming qualities in the man and with our weak legal system it probably was a possibility if he lived that he would eventually be parolled.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image57
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I am glad he is soon dead, but his death won't bring back the victims he raped and killed.Oh, and Doc-he is spending his last days in the hospital, not in jail- fact that he is dying in a hospital rather than in jail ticks me off. Isn't there a hospital in the jail where he was?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Like the mother of one of his victims was told by her son...his death will not bring back his victims or ease their parent's suffering.  I'm not sad he is dying but I won't celebrate the fact.

working