jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

"Looks presidential" What does this mean?

1. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

"Looks presidential" What does this mean?

What do you think is required to "look presidential"? What is being referred to when someone is said to 'look presidential?

2. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

Hello, Ms. Dee, part of that means to be prepared to provided coherent answers to a wide variety of questions in the domestic and foreign policy areas, (the debates) Looks presidential is synonomous with 'looks like a leader that knows what he or she is talking about that one could follow with confidence"

3. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

Ms. Dee - I am now following you - you seem quite impressive to me - the answer I have about 'looking presidential' - years ago it meant stylish - handsome - winning personality - able to answer all the questions intelligently, well-known, and have a plan - plus many other assets.  Today - it's a different color horse game.  The world is so bad and the problems are so enormous they need two presidents and two vice presidents in my opinion.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

"Looking presidential" means that a candidate displays confidence and good moral character, shows good leadership, is unflappable in front of the Press, and knows protocol in multi-cultural situations.