jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What would you most like to change about the world we live in today?

1. Shawn Scarborough profile image82
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 6 years ago

What would you most like to change about the world we live in today?

2. cmontijo profile image58
    cmontijoposted 6 years ago

That is a tough question... the contamination because I want a better future for our children...

3. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Where to begin? First, string ropes to the lampposts and hang three quarters of the politicians, two-thirds of the nonprofit staffers and lobbyists, and half the bureaucrats. Next, cut the world's population by 80% (you and me excepted, naturally). Third ... well, there is no third. That'll do the job.

4. Chasing Riley profile image83
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

As much as I embrace technology, I honestly wish the world would slow down a bit. I feel like all of the amazing things we can do with technology take away time for us to just experience life unplugged.

5. Retrohawaii profile image57
    Retrohawaiiposted 6 years ago

The anger, prejudice and selfishness of all man kind !

6. dodecadude profile image59
    dodecadudeposted 6 years ago

I would move to a resource based economy (watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w) run by a system of demarchy (see http://www.newidmeanschange.org/?page_id=13).

7. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

I would like to make the world more peaceful, using the power of love.

8. GoGreenTips profile image59
    GoGreenTipsposted 6 years ago

I wish that governments would spend more of their financial, political and technological resources to better the planet, instead of using them for weaponry and wars.

9. profile image46
    Chosenwomanposted 6 years ago

Is how we treat people, if we can learn to respect people regardless of what they believe and think.

10. nasake profile image61
    nasakeposted 6 years ago

what a difficult question to answer. The whole world is at odds with itself and it's overall disappointing. I'd like for everyone to allow others the joy they desire to have. Let an athiest be an athiest, but don't go around saying you are more right or wrong than christians. Christians be christians but don't slander every other tradition. Happiness and religion is in the eye of the beholder, and i think that people should be allowed to believe what they want. Anything else is just unnecessary conflict. Who is it really hurting??

I am no hippy, but i want peace and equality among all people. two wrongs NEVER make a right- they just create more wrongs. I fear we are too far down that path, but i try everyday to not lose hope.

11. lorenmurcia profile image86
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

the environment. I wish we can experience the fresh air, great natural food and unpolluted places enjoyed by our ancestors..sigh

working