jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are wars necessary?

1. Ramsa1 profile image60
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

Are wars necessary?

2. SEM Pro profile image84
    SEM Proposted 6 years ago

Hopefully they will end soon with understanding to rise above ignorance. Recently saw a historical recap. After Hiroshima, thousands upon thousands of Japanese committed suicide before being captured by the "barbaric Americans". Yet bombing Hiroshima was a retaliatory move in hopes of reaching a cease fire... Oxymorons all: if we engage in war, we are no better than the "enemy". One day perhaps, all will realize there is no "better than" or "less than" - we are one. "Fighting for peace" - is the ignorance of that not abundantly obvious??? It makes me so sad to live in the U.S. these days where there are hundreds of thousands killing for "freedom" - over 70,000 return with a diagnosis of PTSD where they are unable to even live peacefully. Are the governments so very ignorance of karma and laws of cause and effect? What freedom is there in killing? Or attempting to dictate and control how others live???

3. profile image48
    dansthemanposted 6 years ago

Not if you ask me, I really do not see the point of wars.

Think of all the wasted lives....

4. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 6 years ago

Wars are inevitable under the capitalist system run by the banks and corporations. We make tons of stuff then destroy it all in war so we can then make tons more. It's a bit like the slash and burn approach to farming. This rolling process ensures that the rich get ever richer and the numbers of poor people are kept within manageable parameters.

If you want to put a stop to this process - and who wouldn't (unless you're a banker of course) - then push for the adoption of direct democracy: a system of government wherein the electorate directly enact laws for themselves. This system doesn't require politicians or 'leaders'.

Without 'leaders' to 'lead' us into wars: usually by telling us lies - just as they are doing now about Iran - there will be no more wars. There will be no more poverty either.

So get with the program.

5. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Wars are not a necessity but armed forces is. Even if your country and Government do not want wars, what can they do when a country attacks on your country?

6. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

War has always represented the greatest failure of humanity. There is no reason for a "civilized" nation to ever go to war; that is what politicis are supposed to be for. The worst part is that no modern war (at least in America) has ever been fought for the reason that the troops and the American public were told. Those who rally for war are very seldom the ones who will find themselves with their boots on the ground. I can honestly say that both times I deployed to combat, well over half of the men I was serving with did not want to be there and did not agree with the war in general. Most of us just wanted the college benefits or thought it would be cool to kill someone. But, I will say that, at times, war can be justified. The last justified and neccessary war in the history of the U.S. was the War of 1812; no exceptions. No other war since then has been neccessary.

working