jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does it seem like the GOP is ignoring Ron Paul?

1. jcoop profile image58
    jcoopposted 6 years ago

Why does it seem like the GOP is ignoring Ron Paul?

I'm not Republican and I only causally follow the race, but it seems like Ron Paul is the only candidate seeking to change the status quo, rather than just reversing everything Obama did.  Then why is he being ignored by the rest of the GOP, and especially the media?

2. brages07 profile image61
    brages07posted 6 years ago

His desire to change the status quo is precisely why they are ignoring him.  Nobody wants to make real changes.  Personally, I don't agree with Ron Paul on many things, but I do think that he is substantively different from all of the announced candidates.

3. profile image57
    KConBizposted 6 years ago

Listen to what he says.  He is a classic libertarian.  They want no government interference.  This includes no restriction on victimless crimes like drugs and prostitution.  Can you see any voting segment of American society buying into these philosophies. 

On the business side, getting government out of private business except for enforcing contracts has some good points.  Some goods would be cheaper, but pollution would not be controlled.  Monopolies would dominate industry as happpened in the late 19th century.  Look up robber barons.   

There would be no social security or medicare so seniors and the poor would be required to live on charity.  Probably no one would reach old age as they would die early due to pollution poisoning. 

Just listen to what he says and think what would happen if his plans were put into practice.

4. Daniella Lopez profile image92
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

Ron Paul has ALWAYS been ignored by the GOP. Why? Possibly because his ideas to them seem rather radical. I personally agree with most of what Mr. Paul has to say, but I'm also a Libertarian. The GOP is scared of someone who wishes to change as much as he does.

5. profile image55
    notworkifuloveitposted 6 years ago

Because he really isn't a Republican. He may call himself Republican, but he's really more of a Libertarian, which isn't in itself a bad thing. The status quo needs serious changing and a third party is our only hope for that.

6. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Either he's a false flag and they know this will drum up more support for him, or he's not a false flag and if he won the NWO would have a big problem on its hands.