Do you approve of the job Congress has done managing the United States' affairs

1. skylergreene profile image63
    skylergreeneposted 6 years ago

Do you approve of the job Congress has done managing the United States' affairs over the past year?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I wish I could judge the men and women in congress based on what they've accomplished over the past year. The only problem is that, from a citizen's perspective, it appears as if they've done nothing at all. The republican house speaker, John Boehner, has already said that his top priority is ensuring President Obama doesn't get re-elected. You would think that the top priority would be helping out unemployed Americans and getting the economy back on track, but instead he, and a great deal of his republican friends, have decided that doing nothing is better than doing something. The American people don't want a government that acts like a three year old; "Nuh, uh, you can't make me talk to him!". They want a government that will make the tough decisions and compromise for the best solution for everyone. The behavior of congress over the last several years is unforgivable. It makes me physically sick to think about how irresponsible and stupid they're being for no other reason than political gain. While they sit on capitol hill saying every lie they can to gain supporters, real Americans are suffering and wondering how so many educated representatives can act like poo flinging apes. Congress should be ashamed of itself and I dearly hope that U.S. citizens realize the real election of 2012, the one that will matter most, is not for the white house, but for the senate and the house of representatives.

3. Jay S profile image60
    Jay Sposted 6 years ago

If the members of congress worked at any of the jobs I have had, and didn't work any harder, faster, or with the determination to do a good job, I can assure you that they would be fired. The members of congress feel that they have reached ultimate success and have no reason to do a good job. They are kinda like those bank CEO's that claimed that their banks needed help but that they themselves deserved millions in year end bonuses. There is no unemployment in congress and no wage freezes to hold down taxes. Their kingdom is safe, it's ours that's in jeopardy.

working