If the world were to end tomorrow, would you regret your political stance?

1. Storytellersrus profile image79
    Storytellersrusposted 6 years ago

If the world were to end tomorrow, would you regret your political stance?

Does your political opinion depend on the reality of tomorrow or winning or...  Do you understand what I mean?  Is what you spend time ponticifating all that important, should North Korea blow up the world tomorrow?  I am not asking to strike fear in you.  I am asking you to think this through.  What values are you purporting?  Do they stand, should there be a short term future?

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I think what I think, I believe what I believe..............

if the world ends tomorrow...................I will go down as thinking these things.

3. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

I can already tell that my answer may sound snarky to some, but these are my "from the bone marrow" feelings.   I would neither regret nor (ever, doomsday scenario or not) change my political position which is, in large part, a reflection of my morality and core beliefs of right and wrong.

Now for the snark:  one other reason I would stick to my compassionate "peace and love, man!" position on the left-right political axis, is with the desperate hope that there is something "after" this life, and I feel I would stand in very good stead answering to the Big Guy as an idealist.

That, and I believe that, due to the actions, ideas, and leadership of powerful people who share my views, the world is much less likely to "end tomorrow"!  smile

working