jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

Obama not to meet with Dalai Lama feels disheartening

1. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 8 years ago

Barack Obama cancels meeting with Dalai Lama 'to keep China happy'

here's the full article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … happy.html

It's a slap in the face for human rights.  Shows how reliant the US economy is on Chinese relations and yet the 'greatest' nation in the world is denying it's own integrity.  Feels a bit like selling ones soul for........... dare I say it!

This left a bad taste in my mouth, what are your thoughts?

1. mohitmisra profile image54
      mohitmisraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Chinese believe he is a fake and they are a very evolved race so it is possible.

Jewelsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Chinese believe who is fake - Obama or the Dalai Lama?  It's a bit irrelevant what the Chinese think, it's more what Obama is doing in the name of humanity I'm disappointed about.  It also shows that the US government succumbs to the bullying tactics of the Chinese in the name of trade.

The Dali Lama is a fake is what the Chinese believe and I also have my doubts about him.

To please the Dalai lama will have a lot of consequences and I believe Obama is doing the right thing and knows he will receive a lot of flack for this.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The same feeling here, I do not like this at all

Jon

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Did you really expect Obama to be an example of spirituality? wink

Come on, he has a country to run, and this country is owned by China. They don't really need to bully. They own it. smile

Yeah, well I sort of hoped Obama would be an example of human ethics Misha.  Guess money wins out.

I can't remember the details but our PM Rudd basically told China to pull back with their bullying tactics re trade with Australia, thought that showed guts.  China know they are in a good position, but doesn't mean they can ride roughs-hot over everyone.  And Obama needs to stop being so darn desperate.  China still needs a commercial market to offload their lowgrade merchandise. 

Oh, yeah I forgot, they own America as well.  Hmmmm? So Obama has nothing to lose, it's gone anyway.  So all he has is the humanitarian stance left.  Oh dear, this thread is going belly up fast. lol

2. mohitmisra profile image54

He is doing a superb job spirituality, he is making an attempt to bridge the difference between Christians and Muslims, hats of to Obama.He is probably doing more spiritually than the Dalai Lama.

But what about the Buddhists?  It's one thing to bridge differences for oil, it's another to do it for humanity.

I have allot of respect for Obama, but this smells bad.

2. Jewels profile image82

It's money on this topic not the Christians and Muslims.

I think what he is doing is very noble and I like him for it.

3. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I believe you are correct sir!

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years agoin reply to this

But who is the President of America? Is Mr.Obama simply a titular head? If China owns US, is Mr.Hu the real President of US? By just giving some debts, how can a country own another country?

3. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 8 years ago

After his 'strong' reaction to the slaughter in the streets of Tehran, is this any surprise?

4. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 8 years ago

Obama didn't cave on this because of trade with China. He's already shown a willingness to risk a trade war to pay back the union bosses for the election favors he owes.

He caved because he has no backbone.

5. profile image0
    cosetteposted 8 years ago

oh boy

another Obama disappointment. *tsk* sad

6. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 8 years ago

Update and word on the street is that Obama will be meeting with the Dalai Lama, but after talks with China.  Has allot to do with the $800b debt China is holding for the USA.  A tenuous situation of course.  So all is not lost, it's just a game of chess to make sure the USA doesn't sink. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/27942.html

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years ago

Just to keep China happy, US has to mend its traditional policies. Because US is indebted to China...

But on the other side, America pays billions to Pakistan just to keep the Taliban away. That money does not go to the declared purpose, everyone knows that. It is used to run their government, pile up arms against India. Even after receiving such a huge monetary aid, Pakistan seldom keeps US happy. They (Pak) feel that US is indebted to Pakistan also.

8. TimTurner profile image70
    TimTurnerposted 8 years ago

Yeah, it's sad that China pretty much owns the U.S. right now.  It's funny how a country that has nukes pointed at us is funding our huge national debt.  And all that interest they are making off of the U.S. goes to more military stuff to potential harm us.

And Obama doesn't have a backbone.  He just tries to please everyone, like he does with his repetitious motivational speeches.  I think everyone is starting to understand he is a good talker but has no clue what he's doing after he gives a speech.

As long as Obama keeps spending money, the Chinese will be happy because of the interest they will get in the future smile

working