jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which Republican candidate (US) will make the best president? Why do you think t

1. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

Which Republican candidate (US) will make the best president? Why do you think that?

I have been reading up on all of the candidates, but can't tell which one would make the best president...

2. kschimmel profile image47
    kschimmelposted 6 years ago

I am for Rick Santorum, since I think he is a statesman.  I know he cares deeply about a future for his children and mine.  He is definitely less "establishment" than many of the others and I know he values human life.

3. MelissaVsWorld profile image84
    MelissaVsWorldposted 6 years ago

Ron Paul.  As far as I cam concerned he is the ONLY choice for President.  He believes in a smaller, limited Federal Government, as per our Constitution.  He believes that the powers should lay with the States, and the people.  He concedes that while he may not agree with certain decisions people make, it is ultimately their decision, and the Government should not be involved (such as abortion).  He has a record of voting exactly as he states he will, and he listens to the wants and needs of his constituents.

4. innersmiff profile image73
    innersmiffposted 6 years ago

If you're going to go for the least "establishment" you literally can't vote for anyone other than Ron Paul. Paul doesn't even believe in establishment. Rick Santorum was voted the number one most corrupt senator in the country, has voted for pretty much every spending increase - on a par with Obama. Paul has been 100% consistent in his voting habits whereas Santorum, Romney and Gingrich swap standpoints when it suits them financially or politically.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who doesn't mind being unpopular for principles he passionately believes in.

5. DanielNeff profile image60
    DanielNeffposted 6 years ago

As a conservative, I am pretty underwhelmed at the crop of candidates provided by the Republican party. Each one has at least one good quality, but a few bad qualities.
    We are stuck in a quandry of, anyone who will beat Obama in the general election, but will that candidate be good for the country (rather than just less destructive than Obama)?
    I think Romney is probably the most electable in a general election.
    Paul is just too old and crotchety (no offense to old and crotchety men, I will be one sooner than I like to realize, but put up there side by side with Obama, and it's game, set, and match).
    Michelle Bachman has had a lot of gaffes, and she has that wild-eyed look going.
    Rick Perry is a smooth, good-looking guy who seems like an airhead much of the time.
    Rick Santorum is solid, but his stage presence is somewhat lacking.

I'm hoping that Paul Ryan from Wisconsin will run next election.

6. gjfalcone profile image77
    gjfalconeposted 6 years ago

I suggest we get it over with, just elect a King, and call the whole thing off?
    http://youtu.be/ya8-ZKcOhiY

7. swisswatch1 profile image59
    swisswatch1posted 6 years ago

I think Mitt Romney...it's an image thing. Santorum also.

working