jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should the government step in to help homeless families?

1. Kareem Gantt profile image77
    Kareem Ganttposted 6 years ago

Should the government step in to help homeless families?

2. profile image55
    tinac43posted 6 years ago

Yes they should:this is America.  If they would stop sending billions of dollars to other countries just to buy their friendship and help their own people here at home then there would be no homelessness in this country.  It does not make sense:people losing their homes, jobs, and basic necessities of life.  America is tired of this situation.

3. Dorothee-Gy profile image70
    Dorothee-Gyposted 6 years ago

Sure it should. And sure it should be demanded by society, because the more poverty and homelessness are progressing, the more dangerous the whole situation gets. People who have NOTHING TO LOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN are a force to recon with.

In a situation like this, where some people stuffed the pockets so full of money that they will not be able to spend it EVER, there should not be a question if the one's who have to live through the downside of this cycle must be helped.

If we don't wake up to the fact that what we do to others, we do to ourselves, we are and will be doomed. It is quite funny to see that just in the US, with all this religious fervor going on, this simple messsage of Jesus seems to be forgotten so quickly.

4. skys profile image60
    skysposted 6 years ago

Yes it should take a start. It will be an appreciating step if taken but I don't think that American Government can afford to take such decision at the moment when it's economic condition is already so critical. It should take into consideration economy stabilizing steps then it can come to this way.

5. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

As a matter of fact, government is already doing too much to "help" the homeless, and most of the "help" that it is providing is ineffective and counter-productive.

That is true because about the only thing that government ever does for the homeless is warehouse them in filthy and dangerous shelters.

Finally, I must say, Helping the homeless is my responsibility, and yours, and yours, and yours, and yours ...

6. profile image0
    RRSeegerposted 6 years ago

I say that the homeless need to be helped, but I don't know if government is who we want stepping in.
    The government's "War on Poverty" has led into a great number of other programs.  So, since we still have homelessness over 50 years later, I would say that government is either a) clueless on how to prevent homelessness or b) it is the wrong tool to bring about change.