jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How politically concerned and knowledgeable are the teens in US?

1. sen.sush23 profile image60
    sen.sush23posted 6 years ago

How politically concerned and knowledgeable are the teens in US?

Do they know of the latest legislation? Are they concerned about the role of thier country in international economy and politics? Are they knowledgeable on the political history of US and the world?

2. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

I think that this awareness varies widely.  I know some teens who are very aware and concerned, but they are not necessarily typical.

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Any amount is too much.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I honestly do not know, though I suspect they are not very knowledgeable on history or geography. There is no way that they could not know anything about US politics. They live in front of computer screens. They're very funny though and are possibly our most comedic generation yet.

5. Edbert Chan profile image59
    Edbert Chanposted 6 years ago

In my own experience, you'll see teenagers who are more interested in politics when they're in their junior or senior year. This is probably because they've been so focused on college and grades that they have little time for current events. In fact, the only current events they know are probably through their classes.

Just because they sit in front of their computers all day does not mean that they do not understand what is going on. After all, the computer and internet is how we get most of our knowledge. Sites that are popular are also politically involved and are a fountain of information like Reddit and 4chan. So they know their news.

As far as their ideology goes, it is lacking. They may have 1 or 2 they have considered (namely Democrat and Republican) but that's it. They haven't really observed any other political ideologies to make an informed decision about what side to be on.

working